jweinbergerhj wrote:
> I"m not completely sure what you mean by:
>
>> transport_maps accepts map definitions.
>> mumble_transport accepts transport definitions that exist in master.cf.
>
> My understanding is that transport_maps is a table of the form:
>
> domain.tld    transport:nexthop
>
> that tells postfix to send mail for domain.tld (or whatever is specified
> there) using a
> transport called 'transport' which is defined in master.cf - it works for me
> that way
>
> I don't know what mumble_transport is...I looked for that parameter and could
> not find it.
> It's not listed in ttp://www.postfix.org/postconf.5.html - can you explain
> what you mean
> by "accepts transport definitions that exist in master.cf" and/or point me to
> some
> reference material on mumble_transport?

"mumble" is a metasyntactic variable that people tend to use on this
list, like "foo" or "example". "mumble" can take different specific
values depending on the context, however, it's never made-up.

You're dealing with address classes here:

Depending on your other settings, mail will get delivered to the next
hop as one of: local, relay, virtual, or default. There are
corresponding values for local_transport, relay_transport,
virtual_transport and default_transport.

You said originally that you want mailman domains to be treated as relay
domains. That means they're going to be delivered by whatever the
defined relay_transport is, *unless* overridden by the transport_maps table.

relay_transport *has* to be defined in master.cf, one of the "names" in
the first column.