On Mon, Dec 22, 2008 at 11:29 AM, Victor Duchovni
<victor.ducho...@morganstanley.com> wrote:
> On Sun, Dec 21, 2008 at 07:02:17PM -0500, sean darcy wrote:
>
>> I've have an asterisk voip server that receives faxes and converts them
>> to pdf. What I then want to do is email the pdf's to my two mailboxes -
>> one on 1and1.com, the other on gmail.
>>
>> My ISP, ATT blocks port 25. I think if I just send the email to port 587
>> ( which is how I've configured Thunderbird ) this should work.

Thanks for all the fast responses. I really appreciate the help.

>After you make these changes you'll need to postmap the transports file

"postmap the transports file"?

as in
postmap /etc/postfix/transports      ??

> and reload postfix's configuration.

service postfix restart              ??

>On 587, you will also need SASL authentication. This is a "submission"
>service.

IOW, if any email server gets email over port 25, it accepts it. OTOH,
if it gets it over port 587 ( or port 465 ? )
it will require authentication  ( always SASL? ) before it accepts it.
Do I have this right?

How do I set up postfix to provide SASL authentication?

sean