On Sun, Dec 21, 2008 at 7:02 PM, sean darcy <seandar...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I've have an asterisk voip server that receives faxes and converts them to
> pdf. What I then want to do is email the pdf's to my two mailboxes - one on
> 1and1.com, the other on gmail.
>
> My ISP, ATT blocks port 25. I think if I just send the email to port 587 (
> which is how I've configured Thunderbird ) this should work.
>
> I'm using Fedora 9, which come with sendmail  as the default MTA. I've spent
> a lot of time avoiding learning how to use or configure an MTA. Looking at
> the sendmail docs, it's clear postfix is a _lot_ easier to configure. So,
> I'm switching.
>
> But I still haven't figured out how to just set the outgoing port to 587.

easy.

Just make sure you have it configured main.cf like something similar to this

relayhost = [smtp.gmail.com]:submission
smtp_sasl_auth_enable = yes
smtp_sasl_type = cyrus
smtp_tls_security_level = encrypt
smtp_use_tls = yes

And your sasl_passwd like this

[smtp.gmail.com]:submission     gmailusername:gmailpassword

Then run `postmap /etc/postfix/sasl_passwd' followed by restarting postfix

That's it

--
Asif Iqbal
PGP Key: 0xE62693C5 KeyServer: pgp.mit.edu