On Wed, Dec 31, 2008 at 7:39 AM, Wietse Venema <wie...@porcupine.org> wrote:
> To prove that the difference in behavior is caused by the presence
> or absence of .procmailrc files, you need to deliver mail to the
> EXACT SAME user and change NOTHING except the presence/existence
> of the .procmailrc file.

Doh! Yes, when I move the .procmailrc out of the way postfix/local
still delivers as /usr/bin/procmail. I also found one account that has
a .procmailrc and it is delivering to command according to
mailbox_command, procmail -a "$EXTENSION". The difference is not
caused by the presence or absence of the .procmailrc files. The almost
100% correlation must be nothing more than a coincidence.

Yesterday I asked about this on IRC and somone had the faq bot display
the local_transport postconf documentation. I verified that my
local_transport, transport_maps, and all other *transport* parameters
were the default values, and that all of my users are local. I found a
post that seemed similar to my problem [1] but the way they described
it working seemed backwards from the documentation and other posts
[2].

[1]
http://www.mail-archive.com/debian-user-ger...@lists.debian.org/msg37310.html
[2] http://archives.neohapsis.com/archives/postfix/2004-07/0805.html

There must be some difference in the mapping or something between
accounts or some mapping or aliasing that makes this happen, but I am
at a loss to know what it is. I might have a better chance if I knew
where /usr/bin/procmail was being picked up from.

--
Jacob Anawalt