On Wed, Dec 31, 2008 at 10:17:05AM -0700, Jacob Anawalt wrote:

> There must be some difference in the mapping or something between
> accounts or some mapping or aliasing that makes this happen, but I am
> at a loss to know what it is. I might have a better chance if I knew
> where /usr/bin/procmail was being picked up from.

Assuming mail is delivered by local(8) (which you can see from your logs),
the list of all possible delivery options for local(8) is documented in
that manpage. The associated configuration parameters are in order:

       alias_maps (see 'postconf -d' output)
              The alias databases that are used for local(8) delivery.

       forward_path (see 'postconf -d' output)
              The  local(8) delivery agent search list for finding a .forward
              file with user-specified delivery methods.

       mailbox_transport_maps (empty)
              Optional lookup  tables  with  per-recipient  message  delivery
              transports to use for local(8) mailbox delivery, whether or not
              the recipients are found in the UNIX passwd database.

       mailbox_transport (empty)
              Optional message delivery transport that the local(8)  delivery
              agent  should use for mailbox delivery to all local recipients,
              whether or not they are found in the UNIX passwd database.

       mailbox_command_maps (empty)
              Optional lookup tables with per-recipient external commands  to
              use for local(8) mailbox delivery.

       mailbox_command (empty)
              Optional  external  command  that  the  local(8) delivery agent
              should use for mailbox delivery.

       home_mailbox (empty)
              Optional pathname of a mailbox  file  relative  to  a  local(8)
              user's home directory.

       mail_spool_directory (see 'postconf -d' output)
              The directory where local(8) UNIX-style mailboxes are kept.

       fallback_transport_maps (empty)
              Optional  lookup  tables  with  per-recipient  message delivery
              transports for recipients  that  the  local(8)  delivery  agent
              could not find in the aliases(5) or UNIX password database.

       fallback_transport (empty)
              Optional  message delivery transport that the local(8) delivery
              agent should use for names that are not found in the aliases(5)
              or UNIX password database.

       luser_relay (empty)
              Optional catch-all destination for unknown local(8) recipients.

If mail is delivered to a command running as the target user, the only
possible mechanisms are:

        .forward
        mailbox command

    as configured via:

        forward_path
        mailbox_command_maps
        mailbox_command

If mail is delivered to a command running as a fixed user, the possible
mechanisms are:

        aliases                         # "|/some/cmd args"
        mailbox transport               # pipe-transport:dummy-nexthop
        fallback transport              # pipe-transport:dummy-nexthop

    as configured via:

        alias_maps
        mailbox_transport_maps
        mailbox_transport
        fallback_transport_maps
        fallback_transport

There is no other way for local(8) to spawn a delivery command.

--
        Viktor.