On Jan 2, 2009, at 4:03 PM, mouss wrote:

Jeff Weinberger a écrit :

OK, thanks. I will set up dspam to listen on port 10024 - seems to make the most sense. I don't need a localhost:10024 entry in master.cf then?
right?

no, 10024 will be used by dspam. your postfix should have a
127.0.0.1:10025 to get mail back.

perfect thanks!

So is there an advantage/disadvantage to specifying the content filter
in main.cf vs. master.cf?

I guess an example is better than literature, no?

here is a "not uncommon setup":
- port 25 is used for "MX" mail (aka inbound mail). it uses the
content_filter defined in main.cf

right, as I do right now.

- port 587 is used for "submission" (authenticated, ...). such mail is scanned for viruses but not for spam (there's not much things a bayesian filter could do here, except in simple setups with a site-wide bayes).
so -o is used to set the filter for this service

I need to set this up also - seems easy, but is there an example of the
localhost:587 master.cf entry somewhere I could start with?

your master.cf should already contain a "submission" service (it's
commented out by default). you can add -o conten_filter and other
parameters.

it didn't - but that's probably because apple modified the example file and took out the submission entry. I found it in the distribution.

I'm guessing I should leave my port 25 (smtp) entry to allow submission on that port with authentication (leaving "smtpd_client_restrictions=permit_sasl_authenticated...") - is there any harm in that?

- sendmail mail is not filtered, because we "trust" the box (there's no user, ... etc) and we don't want anything blocking such mail. or we use sendmail to reinject mail after filtering, so we don't want to create a
loop. for this, we set "-o content_filter=".

do you mean the re-injection into postfix? I have "-o content_filter="
there already. I'm re-injecting mail via SMTP, not sendmail...

so you already had an example that overrides the content_filter in
master.cf ;-)

I see that I did... oops ;)