Hello,

I want to convert my table lookups to use the proxymap service, but have
a question...

The docs for proxy_read_maps states:

"proxy_read_maps (default: see "postconf -d" output)

    The lookup tables that the proxymap(8) server is allowed to access
for the read-only service. Table references that don't begin with proxy:
are ignored.

    This feature is available in Postfix 2.0 and later."

But it doesn't say anything explicitly about *how* to add a map to this
list.

I am referencing virtual_mailbox_limit_maps but this table is not
showing in the proxy_read_maps table:

myhost ~ # postconf -d | grep proxy_read_maps
proxy_read_maps =
$local_recipient_maps
$mydestination
$virtual_alias_maps
$virtual_alias_domains
$virtual_mailbox_maps
$virtual_mailbox_domains
$relay_recipient_maps
$relay_domains
$canonical_maps
$sender_canonical_maps
$recipient_canonical_maps
$relocated_maps
$transport_maps
$mynetworks
$sender_bcc_maps
$recipient_bcc_maps
$smtp_generic_maps
$lmtp_generic_maps
myhost ~ #

First question... is there a reason that none of the *_limit_maps are
included in proxy_read_maps by default? I.e., maybe doing this is not
recommended?

Otherwise... is there a simple way to simply *append* the desired
table(s) to the defaults? Or do I have to add a custom proxy_read_maps =
line in main.cf and repeat all of the defaults, adding the desired table(s)?

Thanks,

--

Best regards,

Charles