David Cottle wrote:

Noel Jones wrote:
David Cottle wrote:
Hi Noel,

Thanks for your help!

I will firstly forward the postconf dump as requested.

I will have to forward as another message - will call it postconf
as I am on my iPhone.

At least you can firstly look at that and perhaps find it is
accepting during SMTP for undeliverable.

Many thanks!

David

Sent from my iPhone
Stop top posting - put your answers below the text you refer to.

Hi Noel,

The messages are all faked spam supposedly sent from mail addresses
that are valid off the server domains. So therefore non valid
addresses are being rejected.  So how can these be dealt with they all
look genuine in the headers.  My domains all run strict SPF policy
with reject mail when SPF does not resolve to pass, but as these are
bounce emails the servers of course have no SPF records therefore
don't get skimmed off.

Thanks!

Sorry, that description is far from clear...

As detailed earlier, use postcat to view some of the messages in the queue and examine your logs to find why your postfix is generating bounces.

If you're not sure how to interpret what you find or what to do about it, please post the evidence here. Posting evidence is more likely to get useful suggestions than posting a conclusion with no evidence.

At this point I have no idea what you're trying to describe. Posting of evidence would be a great help.

You also would probably benefit from spending a few hours reading the list archives. Very likely someone else has experienced your problem and found a solution.

Possibly this may help you:
http://www.postfix.org/BACKSCATTER_README.html

Good luck.

--