On Jan 14, 2009, at 3:53 PM, Roderick A. Anderson wrote:

Jeff Weinberger wrote:
This may seem like an odd question, but I need to find a way to suspend delivery of mail to one account or one domain for a short period of time to allow me to do a bit of maintenance. As it stands now, I use maildrop as my delivery transport for virtual mailboxes. Is there a way to tell postfix to hold the mail in its queue until I tell it I'm ready?

I've used a pretty simple trick of putting the domain in the header_checks.regexp file.

header_checks.regexp

/^To: ....@example.com/                        HOLD

Rod

nice trick! - thanks!

--
Is this as simple as having maildrop return a temporary failure code? and if that happens, postfix will retry at certain intervals (or on postqueue -f) right? And if that is a good way to do it, what return code should maildrop return?
Or is there a better way?