On Thursday, February 26, 2009 at 16:33 CET,
     Nick Smith <nick.smit...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Please excuse me if this has been discussed before, i tried searching
> the archives and the documentation and google and the info seems a bit
> dated and incomplete and for exchange 5.5.
>
> We have an exchange server 2003 (not sbs) at our office and several
> pop accounts which we pop for email to be delivered to accounts in AD.
>
> I would like fetchmail to pop the accounts to postfix and then have
> postfix hand them off to exchange.
>
> The first part i can do, but i dont know how to accomplish the latter.
>
> On the postfix docs page the first link is for exchange 5.5 and the
> second link doesnt seem to work anymore.

Postfix doesn't care if the receiving server runs Exchange 5.5,
Exchange 2003, or something completely different.

> these machine are both on the local network, is it possible
> to have postfix hand the mail off to be delivered to exchange?
> is it possible to do this in the transport mappings?

Yes and yes.

> how would exchange know to except mail from this internal mail
> server?

I assume that domains hosted by Exchange itself will be accepted
regardless. Anyway, this is an Exchange question.

> how do i tell postfix to hand off the mail to the exchange server
> either by local ip address or other?

You've answered your own question; use the transport table. Or, if DNS
reports the Exchange server as the MX for the domain(s) in question
you don't have to do anything at all.

> Can anyone post a link to a more recent way of making this work?
>
> We have a small office with less than 10 email boxes, and if there
> is a way to just manually setup the accounts on the linux box rather
> than using LDAP to query AD or exchange that would be a much
> easier route for me, if that can be done.

You don't need any accounts for the Postfix part, just a transport table
that routes certain recipients (or whole domains) to the Exchange server
(assuming DNS won't do that job for us). You may need accounts for
fetchmail, but since you said that the fetchmail part already is covered
I'm confused.

--
Magnus Bäck
mag...@dsek.lth.se