Sorry, I should have filled in all this information before hand :(
Server is live and fully functional. it deals with thousands of messages
per day and has for over a year. One user can't receive messages from one
contact. That contact doesn't even show up in the logs as spam or lost
connection or anything.
So, let me see: one user can't receive mail from on specific mail
address, but can other users receive mail from that address?, ie, if
al...@example.com sends a mail to us...@myserver.com , is the mail
delivered?

If your server is running and postfix is logging normally and there are no log entries for the missing message, it means that the message isn't making it as far as your postfix server, it's not a postfix problem and you need to look elsewhere.

Even if it's being eaten by another app (amavis, a poorly written filter, etc.), there will still be a log entry showing where postfix accepted or rejected the message. No log entry means you're looking in the wrong place.

Terry