On Wed, Mar 18, 2009 at 3:11 PM,  <c...@digital-journal.com> wrote:
> I've been reading today about;
>
> reject_unknown_sender_domain
>
> and I'm wondering if it is only allowed under 'smtpd_sender_restrictions'
> whereas I've had it under 'smtpd_recipient_restrictions'. Is this correct?
>
> thanks,
> Chas.

all smtpd_recipient_restrictions can appear in smtpd_sender_restrictions.

from man 5 postconf:

smtpd_sender_restrictions (default: empty)
       Optional  restrictions that the Postfix SMTP server applies in the con-
       text of the MAIL FROM command.

[list of restrictions]

       Other restrictions that are valid in this context
[...]
       ·      SMTP command specific restrictions described under smtpd_recipi-
              ent_restrictions.  When  recipient restrictions are listed under
              smtpd_sender_restrictions,   they   have   effect   only    with
              "smtpd_delay_reject  =  yes", so that $smtpd_sender_restrictions
              is evaluated at the time of the RCPT TO command.