c...@digital-journal.com wrote:
W dniu 2009-03-18 14:23, Costin Guşă pisze:
On Wed, Mar 18, 2009 at 3:11 PM,<c...@digital-journal.com>  wrote:

I've been reading today about;

reject_unknown_sender_domain

and I'm wondering if it is only allowed under
'smtpd_sender_restrictions'
whereas I've had it under 'smtpd_recipient_restrictions'. Is this
correct?

thanks,
Chas.

all smtpd_recipient_restrictions can appear in
smtpd_sender_restrictions.

Wrong. As SMTP session has MAIL FROM before RCPT TO, you can have
sender_restrictions in smtpd_recipient_restrictions, but not vice versa
(of course you can, but it'd be useless) - recipient is not known during
smtp_sender_restrictions part.

from man 5 postconf:

smtpd_sender_restrictions (default: empty)
        Optional  restrictions that the Postfix SMTP server applies in
the con-
        text of the MAIL FROM command.

Clearly stated right where you pointed.

Pawel Lesniak

Thanks for responding.
Am I to understand, then, that the proper place for
'reject_unknown_sender_domain' is in sender restrictions?

Chas.

The proper place is in context of what you are trying to accomplish. Ignore the false advice that it must be in smtpd_sender_restrictions.

The statement above:
>>> all smtpd_recipient_restrictions can appear in
>>> smtpd_sender_restrictions.
is correct, assuming the default setting of "smtpd_delay_reject = yes"

http://www.postfix.org/postconf.5.html#smtpd_recipient_restrictions
Scroll down to the "Other restrictions that are valid in this context" section.

  -- Noel Jones