I was looking at the default levels for anvil and unless I am misunderstanding (likely) they seem really high.

   smtpd_client_connection_count_limit (default: 50)
   The maximum number of connections that an SMTP client
   may make simultaneously.

So, a single client can open up *50* simultaneous smtp connections?

   smtpd_client_connection_rate_limit (default: no limit)
   The maximum number of connections that an SMTP client may
   make in the time interval specified with
   anvil_rate_time_unit (default: 60s).

And can do so every single second?

My server is pretty light weight, and I don't tend to get too many floods of spammers, but are these defaults reasonable to mitigate the damage that a flood might do? Are these defaults anything a normal user is ever going to hit?

--
Secondly, the Earth's a Libra