On 19-Mar-2009, at 04:44, Wietse Venema wrote:
LuKreme:
My server is pretty light weight, and I don't tend to get too many
floods of spammers, but are these defaults reasonable to mitigate the
damage that a flood might do?  Are these defaults anything a normal
user is ever going to hit?

A normal user is NEVER going to hit these limits.  As documented,
anvil is for out-of-control clients. It is not a traffic quota
tool, and must not be used for that purpose.

OK, but if the numbers were lowered to ... oh, say

smtpd_client_connection_rate_limit = 8
smtpd_client_connection_count_limit = 20

A normal user is still never going to hit them I'd think.

Obviously, on a large server with a LAN or a lot of people maybe behind a single IP those numbers wouldn't work.

OTOH, I'm not changing anything at this point.

--
I AM ZOMBOR! (kelly) ZOMBOR!