----- Original Message ----- From: "Wietse Venema" <wie...@porcupine.org>
To: "Brandon Hilkert" <bhilk...@vt.edu>
Cc: <postfix-users@postfix.org>
Sent: Saturday, March 21, 2009 7:23 AM
Subject: Re: Performance tuning

Brandon Hilkert:
I was able to mount it to a tmpfs partition. There was no change in
throughput with my script on a tmpfs vs ext3 drive.

That depends entirely on how good the script is.

You were talking about sending mail from Exchange though Postfix.

Now you are talking about a home-grown script? In that case we
first need to make sure that the script does a valid measurement.

Exchange was never involved. On monday, I'm going to re-evaulate what the script is doing and implement the smtp-source tester to apply the parallel processing and see how the tmpfs changes that throughput.