On 11/9/23 19:45, Phil Stracchino via Postfix-users wrote:
What probably-should-be-obvious thing am I missing?

Do I need to manually create /var/spool/mail/fenianhouse.com/ ?
Do I need to manually create
/var/spool/mail/fenianhouse.com/seanfenian/  ?

I believe so. When I've used virtual mailboxes I have done so (actually
via a script, so: semi-manually) but I don't know if it is actually
necessary.

Do you happen to know what the permissions should be (given the static
2000:2000 id map) ?  Or is that the wrong way to handle it?

I created /var/spool/mail/fenianhouse.com/seanfenian/ and flushed the
queue (postqueue -i 6256522656D01), but still no delivery, and no
*ERROR* — or even warning — logged to tell me what's going wrong.

OK, I also:
* made /var/spool/mail/fenianhouse.com/ and below group-writeable to gid 2000
* added postfix to group 2000
* restarted postfix
but my test message is still sitting in the queue with nothing happening.

minbar:root:/etc/postfix:74 # postqueue -p
-Queue ID-  --Size-- ----Arrival Time---- -Sender/Recipient-------
6256522656D01*    1184 Thu Nov  9 17:36:54  ala...@caerllewys.net
                                         sean.fen...@seanfenian.com

1 Kbytes in 1 Request.