On 09.11.23 15:27, Shaun Erickson via Postfix-users wrote:
We use a fake (internal, externally-unregistered) domain, for our division’s servers. Let’s call it fakedomain.com or fd.com, for short.

Just FYI, there are domain names like:
example.com
example.net
example.org example
invalid

that should be used when describing cases like this one, instead of using fakedomain.com (for sale) and fd.com (used by FTI consulting)

All Linux servers in fd.com are configured as Postfix null clients, that neither receive mail from any external source, nor deliver any mail locally. They merely send all email emanating from them to mailserver.fd.com.

mailserver.fd.com:

Accepts all mail from our servers (including itself).

If the mail is destined for fd.com, it is – with the exception of ab...@fd.com, postmas...@fd.com, and r...@fd.com – sent straight to /dev/null.

I really wonder, if your internal systems produce any kind of e-mail, do you really want to simply discard it?

I recommend finding out why such mail is generated and stop it from happening instead.