On Nov 10, 2023, at 3:55 AM, Matus UHLAR - fantomas via Postfix-users
<postfix-users@postfix.org> wrote:

> On 09.11.23 15:27, Shaun Erickson via Postfix-users wrote:
>> We use a fake (internal, externally-unregistered) domain, for our division’s
>> servers.  Let’s call it fakedomain.com or fd.com, for short.
>
> Just FYI, there are domain names like:

I didn’t realize that (or had forgotten) - thanks.

>> If the mail is destined for fd.com, it is – with the exception of
>> ab...@fd.com, postmas...@fd.com, and r...@fd.com – sent straight to
>> /dev/null.
>
> I really wonder, if your internal systems produce any kind of e-mail, do you
> really want to simply discard it?

The systems send hundreds of emails, every day, addressed to various folks at
their real corporate addresses, or to a few people out on the Internet, so it’s
not *any* kind of email that gets thrown out.

> I recommend finding out why such mail is generated and stop it from happening
> instead.

 We only throw out email that is addressed to an account in our fake domain.
That domain has no valid recipients in it. I’m aware of what the email is, and
have determined that it’s not worth my time to deal with. It’s been going away,
by attrition, as we eliminate our legacy, on-prem systems, in our march to the
cloud, where we do things better.

-ste