* Bill Cole via Postfix-users:

>> I am positive that I personally rebooted this server a number of times
>> following Kernel updates, the last of which happened not long ago. ;-)
>
> If there's a virtualization layer, they are likely to be referring to
> the real physical host rather than the VM running the Postfix site.

I rent physical hardware for this particular server. At least that is
what I see on my monthly bill. ;-)

There are steps in the boot process over which I have no direct control,
and rightly so. Those provide, for example, the option to boot a
so-called rescue system over the hoster's internal network. Local boot
from the server's storage drives happens later, or does not happen, as
was the case yesterday.

-Ralph