Thank you for your response, Viktor.

> How does your milter decide which messages to sign?  Does it perhaps
look for:

>     milter_macro_daemon_name=ORIGINATING

I originally had this in place but could find no reason for it online nor any sufficient reason to use it, so I removed it, with no apparent change in performance. It was in use on the old server but no sign of a macro it could refer to. I have now replaced it but am unsure what to do to satisfy its inclusion.

> which should then be set for the submission service in master.cf?  Or
> does it have a set of client IP CIDR blocks that it considers internal?

No CIDR that I'm aware of. How do I implement this, please?

> "postconf -Mf" output

My apologies. I was unaware of the f switch.