Res wrote:
Hi,

I have an internal requirement to deny access to an email address, which I'd like to do via access, however, we'd also like to accept that message for storage somewhere, I was thinking of the access BCC method, but then I need to also send a 5xx message in their connect transaction, I know this is a contradiction of the way SMTP works :) but is it possible with postfix or do we need an alternative method, I know milters work like this for scanners etc, so I was hoping someones done similar or knows of a milter that can do this?
What do you mean by "deny access"?

Are you trying to stop internal users from sending mail using a certain
email address as the sender or reject incoming mail that lists that
email address as a recipient (a distribution list, for example)?

Terry