On Sun, 29 Mar 2009, Noel Jones wrote:

Res wrote:
On Sat, 28 Mar 2009, Sahil Tandon wrote:

Don't use amavisd-new; it would be overkill for this task.  And from my

After looking at it, I tend to agree :)

Actually, amavisd-new is well suited for this.

At it's core, it's a high performance and very robust smtp proxy - just what you need. You can easily disable the SpamAssassin and antivirus plugins, which are the main CPU and memory hogs associated with it.

Thanks, but since we happily use MailScanner already on all our MTA's, it seemed overkill to install amavisd-new as well, it was easy to modify milter-regex to do what we needed.

--
Res

-Beware of programmers who carry screwdrivers