Dear all,

how do I forward submitted mails under the identity of an email alias to all
other members of that alias? Is that even possible with Postfix only?

I am running Postfix 3.8.4 with OpenLDAP as the backend for account and alias
management. Postfix is setup for virtual mail hosting and transports mails for
addresses listed in virtual_mailbox_maps to Dovecot  via LMTP as their final
destination. Moreover, the alias feature implements a simple mailing list
feature via virtual_alias_maps. Mail clients which submit new mails via SMTP
are restricted by smtpd_sender_login_maps to either use their „personal“ mail
address or one of the aliases their are member of as the sending mail address.

I am trying to implement the following feature: When a mail client submits a
new mail under the identity of an email alias as the sender, Postfix shall
deliver this mail to all other members of that email alias (of course in
addition to the actual recipient). How can I implement such a behavior? Is that
even possible with Postfix? I found the configuration parameter
sender_bcc_maps. At first glance, that looked promising, however it neither
supports mail aliases nor more than one address.

Just for the sake of clarity, I give a simplified example with only two mail
accounts to illustrate what I want to achieve. Lets assume there are the
virtual mail accounts `jane....@my-domain.tld` and `john....@my-domain.tld` as
well as the alias `d...@my-domain.tld` which resolves to both mail accounts:

 1. Someone, e.g. fri...@foreign-domain.tld sends a mail to d...@my-domain.tld
 2. Postfix receives the mail, resolves the alias and transports two copies of
the mail to Dovecot (via LMTP) for recipient jane....@my-domain.tld and
john....@my-domain.tld
 3. Lets say, Jane decides to reply. Jane's mail client submits a mail to
Postfix for fri...@foreign-domain.tld as the recipient and with
d...@my-domain.tld as the sender identity.
 4. Postfix relays the mail to fri...@foreign-domain.tld but also transports a
copy of the mail for john....@my-domain.tld to Dovecot
 5. John is able to notice that Jane has already replied to
fri...@foreign-domain.tld

Any suggestions, tips or help are much appreciated.

Bests, Matthias