Matthias Nagel via Postfix-users:
> > > How do I forward submitted mails under the identity of an email alias
> > > to all other members of that alias? Is that even possible with Postfix
> > > only?
> >
> > Yes, with sender_bcc_maps, and with the proviso that the BCC will be to
> > all the members of that "alias", rather than just "the other members".
>
> Not optimal, because it might confuse some users to receive their own mail in
> return, but OK.
>
> > Bcc the alias to itself.  While you can't specify multiple addresses
> > *directly*, the specified address *is* subject to alias expansion.
>
> Good to know.
>
> I thought that I read somwhere in the Postfix docs that the specified addess
> *is not* subject to alias expansion in order to avoid circular redirections.
>
> Maybe I am remembering incorrectly or the docs are outdated.

I don't think that there is any factual basis for this claim.

> Do you know why it is not possible to specify multiple addresses
> and how difficult it would be to fix that in Postfix?

You want to send mail "from" an alias and exclude the sender based
on their SASL login? that is never going to work, because Postfix
table lookups are intentionally stupid; they take one key and they
give one result. In particular, BCC lookups take as key a sender
email address, and they don't know the SMTP client SASL login name.