On 18/06/24 13:00, Jeff Peng via Postfix-users wrote:
On 2024-06-18 07:30, Peter via Postfix-users wrote:
On 17/06/2024 17:28, Paul Schmehl wrote:
How do you set up roundcube to not use authentication? I really don’t need it since it’s on the same machine as the mail server. What config options do I need to use?

To be honest, you still likely want authentication.  Keep in mind that you don't need to authenticate as a single user for roundcube but rather you can have roundcube pass authentication through from it's own user login and therefore support multiple users while also allowing postfix to support those same multiple users and see their individual logins. The point of this is that you can then use settings such as smtpd_sender_login_maps and reject_sender_login_mismatch in postfix to control individual users from roundcube.

though it's a big offtopic, may I ask that, for roundcube, how to stop users adding their own sender identity? for example, when user login as u...@domain.com, they can add the identity in roundcube interface as f...@bar.com.

I don't know off the top of my head but roundcube is not necessarily the right place to do this. Consider that someone can bypass roundcube and connect to the submission port directly then any limitations you put in roundcube won't matter. It's better to put the limitations in postfix and dovecot so that no matter how the user connects they will be limited.

Peter