Am 2024-06-17 06:49, schrieb Paul Schmehl via Postfix-users:
On Jun 16, 2024, at 10:30 PM, Peter via Postfix-users <postfix-users@postfix.org> wrote:

It's likely that roundcube is not configured for TLS and postfix is (as it should be) configured not to offer AUTH until TLS is established.

Yes, postfix is configured to use TLS, and no roundcube is not. When I configure roundcube to connect using TLS it can’t even connect to the server. I don’t understand what’s going on with roundcube, but it’s definitely not behavior I would expect. It’s had me pulling my hair out for two days, and I don’t even have any hair.

This makes roundcube use STARTTLS on port 587 (submission):
---snip---
$config['smtp_host'] = 'tls://your.smtp.server';
$config['smtp_port'] = 587;
---snip---

Other useful stuff for roundcube:
---snip---
// SMTP username (if required) if you use %u as the username Roundcube
// will use the current username for login
$config['smtp_user'] = '%u';

// SMTP password (if required) if you use %p as the password Roundcube
// will use the current user's password for login
$config['smtp_pass'] = '%p';

// Log sent messages to <log_dir>/sendmail.log or to syslog
$config['smtp_log'] = true;
---snip---

I’m hoping I have solved the problem. I have roundcube sending mail on port 25 with no auth (all daemons are running on the same server), and it is sending mail. Gmail rejects it, but I’ve altered my spf record to include localhost. I hope once that propagates my problems with be solved.

Probably not related to the gmail issue: you may want to remove some headers. I have those header checks to not expose some stuff from roundcube:

main.cf:
---snip---
smtp_header_checks = pcre:$config_directory/header_checks