On Thu, Jun 27, 2024 at 10:45:09AM +0000, Gino Ferguson via Postfix-users wrote:

> I have two questions regarding multi instance management.
>
> 1. is there a way to batch migrate multi instances from serverA to
> serverB? We are planning to replace our servers and I'd spare as much
> manual work if possible.

If the servers are sufficiently alike, just clone the configuration
directories.  Otherwise, create an equivalent set of instances via
"postmulti" and then integrate the desired per-instance settings.

If there are deferred queued messages in some of the instances, copy
those over into the corresponding queues, and run:

    $ postmulti -i <instance> -x postsuper -s

> 2. is there an ad-hoc way to move mails between instances by their
> queue ids? The idea is to identify mails that are older than, say, 4
> hours and move them to a multi instance called bucket4 or something. I
> know I could do this with config modification, but that's permanent.
> I'm looking for some ad-hoc command to do it.

Assuming a shared filesystem for all, just "mv" them to the target
instance's "hold" queue directory, then run "postsuper -H <queueid>"
Be mindful of (defaults below):

    hash_queue_depth = 1
    hash_queue_names = deferred, defer

in case you're hashing the "hold" directory.

--
    Viktor.