On Sat, 2024-08-31 at 15:33 -0400, Phil Stracchino via Postfix-users
wrote:

> My conclusion is:  The mail_version set by 3.9.0 is not what is
> expected, but *this will only be a problem to you* if you have config
> directives that you no longer need ANYWAY.  Go through main.cf and clean
> up anything not actually needed, and PROBABLY the problem will disappear.

Pending confirmation, I think what happened is that the postfix install
routine upgraded your existing $shlib_directory in main.cf to refer to
3.9.0, but the default $mail_version (absent from main.cf) was changed
to 3.9.

In any case, it's fixable now that we know there's a problem.