On 9/6/24 7:58 AM, Anton Hofland via Postfix-users wrote:
To further fine-tune the management of TLD blocking, I should think
that the whole solution could benefit from using the capabilities of a
tool like amavis which technically allows users to specify user
specific black-, neutral & white-lists on full email addresses,
subdomains and domains.

What I do for those domains that may have some sub-domains that we may
want to receive mail from, is specifying the TLD as blacklisted in
Amavis, either for a user or systemwide, wait for emails to be
quarantined in Amavis and for those that I want to receive, specify a
neutral list entry which means in the amavis environment that it is
subject to normal virus and whatever other checking amavis may be doing
before it is forwarded to the user. I never whitelist an entry.

The challenge is that Amavis quarantine management and RBL list
management is a system admin feature. For my own purpose I have
enhanced/forked the "mailzu-ng" tool on github so that it easily allows
them to manage their own lists, as well as their own quarantine. The
tool can be found on github
(https://github.com/2024sight/mailzu-ng-da). I just wanted to offer
this as one of the many approaches to fine-tuning solutions to the TLD
blocking challenge.

-- Anton

That's awesome, Anton. I've been meaning to get SpamAssassin set up on my Postfix server, and I've been peripherally aware of Amavis for years, but never dug into it too deeply. It sounds really helpful.

I'm going to take this as my cue to spin up a development machine and start hammering on it.

With all my free time. ;-)

--
Thanks!
Thomas Cameron, RHCE, AWS SA-Pro