W dniu 2009-04-14 13:54, Rod Whitworth pisze:

Remember I did say that I was applying this to "null sender to
non-existing recipients" (who were purported to be the original
senders). We have about 60 spamtrap addresses. Most invented by
spammers.
I'd imagine somewhat better usage of spam-traps then grey-jail. And if it's "system-wide" - read on.
Are you sure that null sender is only used in bounces?

What else?
- SAV
- Auto-replies (...)Since in most cases it is not appropriate to respond to
   an automatic response, and the responder is not interested in
   delivery status messages, a MAIL FROM address of <> MAY be used for
   this purpose.(...)  RFC3834
- Any type of automated notifications (...)In some types of
   reporting messages for which a reply is likely to cause a mail loop
   (for example, mail delivery and nondelivery notifications), the
   reverse-path may be null (see section 3.7).(...)  RFC2821

It wastes resources on all the misconfigured bounce-instead-of-reject
dummies out there and places no load on my lovely Postfix server. Heh!

Could you explain how? If you greylist those mails instead of rejecting,
you are getting additional SMTP connection(s). If you reject them, they
are discarded. What am I missing?

They are detected whilst they are in the greylist and then they are
grey-trapped (tar-pitted in other words)
IMHO: You are wasting also your resources, and you are slowing down the network. While it's almost sure the other side will not correct configuration, the prize is smaller than the price.
Rod/
/earth: write failed, file system is full
cp: /earth/creatures: No space left on device

Check your storage.

Check the population of /earth for yourself ................... ;-(

There's still some room ;-)

Pawel Lesniak