On 4/24/09 6:41 PM, Scott Haneda at talkli...@newgeo.com wrote:

> If you do not like a lack of TLS enforcement on the submission port
> what do you suggest for users who just do not care enough to use any
> TLS?  You let them work on port 25?  I could go that route, but I am
> really trying to find a way to do traffic isolation.  If I know no
> client connections are made on 25, from a troubleshooting perspective
> alone, it seems to make things simpler on me.

Every connection made to port 25 is from a client. Some are internal clients
(usually users) and some are external clients (usually other mailservers but
acting as a client from the view of your mailserver). But they are all
clients. If you think of users as clients and external mailservers as
something else, you'll have trouble configuring things correctly.

--
Larry Stone
lston...@stonejongleux.com