On May 7, 2009, at 12:18, wie...@porcupine.org (Wietse Venema) wrote:

LuKreme:
On 7-May-2009, at 08:29, Wietse Venema wrote:
LuKreme:
I changed all my delivery mailboxes over to Maildir with procmail as
the LDA, but I am still seeing lines that begin with 'From ' being
rewritten to '>From '

You need to verify that the > is added by Postfix, not by some
upstream system.

I send a message to a local and virtual user from the command line.

This involves three systems: the mail submission command, Postfix,
and procmail. Which of these introduces the problem?

I sent a single message to both users so I doubt it's got anything to do with submission. The procmail recipes look the same, each doing a delivery to a maildir folder. The only difference is one is local(8) and one is pipe(8).

However, I have no way of seeing *exactly* where in the process of delivery the > gets added, unless you have some idea of how I can get more detailed debug info.