wiskbr...@hotmail.com wrote:

My problem was that my main.cf, although stating the aliases map with:

alias_database = dbm:/etc/postfix/aliases
alias_maps = dbm:/etc/postfix/aliases

Was actually using /etc/aliases. Not sure why, I've just deleted the /etc one
and sym-linked the /etc/postfix/aliases to /etc/aliases.

You are putting yourself at great risk of being strangled by your successor. Try to figure out why Postfix was using /etc/aliases.

Have you checked the output of postconf -n (hint, hint) to confirm that Postfix is using the main.cf that you think it is? Or maybe you're redefining alias_database and alias_maps further down in main.cf?