On Fri, 22 May 2009, Sthu Pous wrote:

> I try to whitelist a host for which it is impossible to check its host
> name - just a bad setup host, yet I know the organization - it is not a
> spammers' host or whatever, therefore their mail is important for us.
>
> For now amavis lets not to get the mail and I want to whitelist it.
> What I did:
>
> . I have written its IP in /etc/postfix/whitelist:
> 1.2.3.4 OK
>
> . I have run postmap /etc/postfix/whitelist
>
> . and I have pointed to it in /etc/postfix/main.cf:
> smtpd_client_restrictions = check_client_access
> hash:/etc/postfix/whitelist, check_client_access
> hash:/etc/postfix/blacklist

Next time, paste the output of 'postconf -n' instead.  But the above
configuration allows 1.2.3.4 to bypass further smtpd_client_restrictions, but
other smtpd(8) restriction lists are still processed (and may result in a
REJECT); i.e. smtpd_(helo|sender|recipient|etc)_restrictions.  And even if
those are successfully traversed, the "OK" does not prevent messages from
1.2.3.4 going to amavisd-new, which is where it seems your problem lies.  But
these are all just guesses until you provide more information to help debug
the problem.

--
Sahil Tandon <sa...@tandon.net>