I've been running my current email system using Postfix 2.3.X since the end of 2006. It's a very small system since it's just my personal email on various domains I own. However I'm loathe to mess with it since it has been running rock solid and it does have quite a few "moving parts" to it.

Is there stuff in the new versions that would make it worth upgrading to me?

I don't really care about the "internal" facing stuff (or do I care?) like performance and filter changes and thinks like that since my volume is so low and I'm not planning on changing any of the other pieces of the mail system in the near term.

But would my server, for example, be a "better citizen" from the perspective of other email servers talking to it if I upgraded? I.e. are there protocol changes/new protocols that make the new versions better? Is 2.3 end-of-life coming any time soon?

--
Michael Wang