Hello,

I have Dovecot and Postfix both running Plain SASL Auth.  I can send mail
via SASL with no problems as verified by my server logs.  However, I can
also still send mail WITHOUT using SASL as well.

I have my mail server on the same subnet as the client computer I am doing
the testing with.  When I want to send mail to a system users (i.e. a
domain postfix is receiving mail for) I don't seem to have to use SASL to
send mail to that address.  However, it seems that I have to use SASL to
relay mail.  Postfix won't let me relay WITHOUT using SASL which is fine.
That is what I want.  However, I still need SASL to work when a client is
attempting to send mail to a local user.

I don't have access to my master.cf right now as I am away from the
server.  However, I know that I have the mynetworks set as 127.0.0.1/8.
That, to me, would say that anything other than local host would NOT be a
trusted user/connection.  However, if I look through my logfile, Postfix
is I.D.'ing the computer connecting to the server as "LOCAL".

Any ideas?  Again, without me attaching the master.cf files, it is a shot
in the dark.  But I thought someone might have an idea...

Thanks!

Rodman