To: <postfix-users@postfix.org>
Sent: Thursday, June 18, 2009 9:45 AM
Subject: Re: SASL Problem

Rodman Frowert wrote:
Anyway, would you mind just looking over the end of my main.cf file
and seeing if you see anything "out of the ordinary" or anything I
could improve on?  I've been using Postfix for about 3 years, but like
most people, once it is running for a while I forget how to administer
the damn thing.  I'm moving all my servers to a new Linux box so I am
having to remember what I did all those years ago! :-)
/*smtpd_recipient_restrictions = permit_mynetworks,
        permit_sasl_authenticated,
        reject_rbl_client zen.spamhaus.org,
        reject_rbl_client bl.spamcop.net,
        reject_unauth_destination,
        reject_unknown_recipient_domain,
# commented out for testing at this time  check_policy_service
unix:private/policy*/
/**/
Suggestion: I would move the reject_rbl_client statements after
reject_unauth_destination.
Reason: Why check DNS blacklists for domains you are not responsible for
when spammer tries to use you?

---
Brian