Hi Wietse,
thank you for your answer. Specify multiple IP for one domain name
semms a bit tricky to me, so i'll go the way described by Jarek (set
up local MX records).

two more questions :-):
1) as described in Postfix Documentation, the "transport_maps", where
is defined something like:
domain.tld      smtp:[IP_of_primary_MDA]
...the brackets means no MX lookups - is it, the "no MX lookups", ok?

2) I'm not sure if there should be in transport maps set up the exact
IP of primary MDA.

If im asking notoriously well known things, can you please point me to
corresponding documentation part?

Thanks hor help,
Jiri

Wietse Venema napsal(a):

Ji?? Hlinka:

Hi Jarek,
thanks for fast reply!
Define secodnary MX record for the secondary MDA is one of a posiibilities
:-), but i still hope there is simpler solution, something like adding
another IP (the IP of secondary MDA) on each line of transport_maps :-).

The transport_maps take only one name or address as destination.

However, you can specify a name that resolves into multiple addresses.
For example, a name that has multiple lines in /etc/hosts, or a name
that has multiple records in DNS.