On Jun 23, 2009, at 12:08 PM, Noel Jones <njo...@megan.vbhcs.org> wrote:

EASY steve.h...@digitalcertainty.co.uk wrote:
On Tue, 2009-06-23 at 15:52 +0200, Ralf Hildebrandt wrote:
* The Doctor <doc...@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca>:

I am contemplating howto use spamassassin effectively with postfix.
Usually we use amavisd-new
Depends how often you want to keep restarting it. My time at Barracuda
taught me to steer clear of Amavis. 'Captain Crash' was its nickname.
I appreciate that you, Ralf, love it and say it scales well. I respect
that but it's not my experience. In the Barracuda boxes running it
(handling large volumes into the millions of messages a day area) it was
one of three common points of failure. I'm happy to steer clear of it
but It's good that it works for you.

The one time I tried using a hammer, I kept getting injured. I'll never use another hammer. No, I never asked anyone for advice, the instructions seemed simple enough. I'll bet all those other people using hammers just ignore the pain.

Noel are you suggesting something might not work for me because I don't know how to use it? Blasphemer!