Stuart Matthews wrote:
I have already tried editing /usr/local/etc/postfix/access, adding:
eff.org        REJECT    you can't send mail as me!
And of course I ran postmap after this. I have also tried using the
setting that rejects mail that says HELO eff.org.

You say check_sender_access didn't work, did you use it with smtpd_recipient_restrictions? A similar setup to the following works for us (this is a modified version of your output from postconf -n):

smtpd_recipient_restrictions =
        permit_mynetworks
        permit_sasl_authenticated
        check_sender_access hash:$config_directory/access # Look Here
        reject_non_fqdn_recipient
        reject_multi_recipient_bounce
        reject_unknown_recipient_domain
        reject_unauth_destination
        reject_unlisted_recipient
        permit_mx_backup
        permit

$config_directory/access:
        t...@eff.org    REJECT

This is just a guess and a proposed solution, you probably need to supply supporting log entries for cases it didn't work to get to the bottom of what's really wrong.