Hi,

I've read a few archive posts regarding the generation of bounce/ndr
messages and I can understand some of the cutting remarks such as 'don't
accept mail for invalid users in the first place'.

That aside, is it actually possible to stop the SENDING (or the
generation) of NDR/Bounce messages.

I have a couple of content milters / filters running that hold the mail
during the data stage and inspect it. I appreciate that the RFC's say
the decision needs to be made before the DATA section - but that is not
always ideal.

This morning, after running some 'white list' test on domains I've
noticed a number of spam mails with spoofed return addresses are
dropping the connection before Postfix gives the 250 OK. The content
filter set up has a low load but a latency of just over a second to
process the message. At the end of this it decided the message was spam
and the milter fired back with;

Jun 29 08:54:26 mx1 postfix/smtpd[14061]: disconnect from
100.154.221.87.dynamic.jazztel.es[87.221.154.100]
Jun 29 08:54:26 mx1 postfix/cleanup[14066]: 84B82AC8B3:
message-id=<2045761967.20081111100...@coolest-gadgets.com>
Jun 29 08:54:27 mx1 postfix/cleanup[14066]: 84B82AC8B3: milter-reject:
END-OF-MESSAGE from localhost[127.0.0.1]: 5.7.1 Blocked

{by this time the client had dropped a second before - hence the NDR}

I appreciate we can argue the semantics of the set up - but is it
possible to dump these NDR's somewhere harmless with ease or stop
Postfix from creating them in the first place?