Tim Legg a écrit :
> Hello,
>
> Now that I have my local mail set up, I can let my domain name come up
> from hiding.
>
> When I run:
>
> # hostname -f
> genex.timothylegg.com
>
> and
>
> # dig timothylegg.com MX
>
> ;; QUESTION SECTION:
> ;timothylegg.com.             IN      MX
>
> ;; ANSWER SECTION:
> timothylegg.com.      9220    IN      MX      10 mail.timothylegg.com.

$ host mail.timothylegg.com
mail.timothylegg.com is an alias for timothylegg.com.

the MX must not be a CNAME. add

mail.timothylegg.com.   A       67.104.200.131

to your zone and remove the corresponding CNAME line.

> My hostname is genex.timothylegg.com

$ host genex.timothylegg.com
Host genex.timothylegg.com not found: 3(NXDOMAIN)

> on my machine and my MX record points
> to mail.timothylegg.com
>
> I was wondering if the MX record should point to the same name as my
> hostname.

no. a single host can handle mail for many domains, and a single domain
can have multiple MXes.