>>> pay...@desjors.nl

if simon+pay...@example.com is found in the db, it is used. otherwise,
si...@example.com is used.

> Any
> weirdness with that and say, Dovecot's LDA?

dovecot is '+' friendly. by default, it will try to deliver to folder
.paypal (.msn). if that folder doesn't exist, it will deliver to Inbox.

> I'd love to add this
> capability when I migrate us to Postfix.
>
> We had a guy with a domain that's very similar to "ebay.com".  Some ebay
> phisher decided to use "serv...@domainlikeebay.com" as the return
> address. If the customer did not have a catchall, we would not have had
> to deliver nearly 100K bounces to him...  His reason for a catchall was
> that he didn't want to make 200 aliases that matched all the addresses
> he'd given out.

I used to have a catchall in one of my domain, to help my penpals reach
me even if they mistype. even if I could block most junk, I removed the
catchall (actually, even with mistyping, only very very few adresses
were used by my penpals).