On Tuesday 28 July 2009 05:11:05 Hervé Hénoch wrote:
> 1) I want to use sasl in order to send mail outside my LAN. The
> authentification run well. But I was stopped by zen.spamhaus.org because
> my FAI have registered dynamic adresses
> in this site.
>
> I don't understand why because permit_sasl_authenticated is always the
> second line !!!
>
> 2) The same thing happen with reject_non_fqdn_hostname : my home
> computer doesn't have a fqdn and permit_sasl_authenticated is the second
> line !!!
>
> Here are the restrictions in my main.cf  :

While it is nice to see the well-formatted lines below, this could be
yet another case of why "postconf -n" is preferred. One possibility is
that smtpd_relay_reject is no, and a reject_rbl_client check is being
done prior to AUTH.

I'm sure that logs and postconf -n will tell the whole story.

> smtpd_helo_restrictions =
>      permit_mynetworks,
>      permit_sasl_authenticated,
>      #check_helo_access hash:/usr/local/etc/postfix/helo_access,
>      #warn_if_reject,
>      reject_invalid_helo_hostname,
>      reject_non_fqdn_hostname,
>      permit
>
> smtpd_sender_restrictions =
>     permit_mynetworks,
>     permit_sasl_authenticated,
>     reject_non_fqdn_sender,
>     reject_unknown_sender_domain,
>     permit
>

> smtpd_recipient_restrictions =
>         permit_mynetworks,
>         permit_sasl_authenticated,
>         reject_unauth_pipelining,

reject_unauth_pipelining does nothing at this point unless you have
"smtpd_relay_reject = no".

>         reject_non_fqdn_recipient,
>         reject_unknown_recipient_domain,
>         reject_unauth_destination,
>         reject_rbl_client cbl.abuseat.org,
>         reject_rbl_client zen.spamhaus.org,

I suppose you're aware that CBL is included in Zen with a very slight
lag. Some sites query CBL first to potentially reduce their number of
Spamhaus queries, or to address the issue of that lag.