On Wednesday, July 29, 2009 at 08:01 CEST,
     Hervé Hénoch <h.hen...@isc84.org> wrote:

> Thanks for your response. So if i have understood : since
> permit_sals_authenticated is before the other lines it implies
> that sasl authentication failed ? True ? false ?

There could've been other reasons for the failure too, but it's
certainly a strong indication.

> It is when I use Outlook Express 6 that I have the problem .... With
> thunderbird it works fine. I have "broken_sasl_auth_clients = yes" but
> may be the sasl squeeze package is not compiled to support this
> option.  Possible ?

Which authentication mechanisms does your server offer (i.e. what's the
EHLO response)? Perhaps you're not offering a mechanism that Outlook
Express supports, or Outlook Express simply isn't configured to
authenticate. I vaguely remember Outlook Express to support LOGIN but
not PLAIN.

> Here are the logs
>
> Thunderbid :

[...]

> Jul 28 22:54:04 vsmail postfix/smtpd[8141]: 53B6A170116:
> client=unknown[78.115.102.196], sasl_method=PLAIN,
> sasl_username=h.hen...@isc84.org

This client has authenticated with the PLAIN mechanism.

> Outlook Express 6 :

[...]

No such line in this log snippet, so Outlook Express does not
authenticate and thus permit_sasl_authenticated won't have any effect.

Please do not top-post.

--
Magnus Bäck
mag...@dsek.lth.se