On Fri, 2009-07-31 at 09:50 -0500, Noel Jones wrote:
> Clunk Werclick wrote:

> >> OK, your choice.
> >
> > Ehlo and sorry to high jack a little here {hence subjective change}, but
> > some thing has crossed my mind along these lines with multiple exchange
> > servers using active directory.
> >
> > Perhaps someone has, say, 10 different domains and uses Postfix as a
> > common incoming gateway. From a look cursory I see there exists a ldap
> > map system.
> >
> > Would this allow each domain to define a different LDAP server to query?
> > Perhaps to be clear;
> >
> > DOMAIN.ONE   -> LDAP{1.2.3.4}
> > DOMAIN.TWO   -> LDAP{1.2.3.5}
> > DOMAIN.THREE -> LDAP{1.2.3.6}
> > ... repeat to fade ...
> >
> > Can this be achieved and is there some further reading I can do this
> > weekend whilst I sip champagne in the sun ?
>
> http://www.postfix.org/postconf.5.html#relay_recipient_maps
> Notice "maps" is plural; list as many maps as necessary.
> Separate multiple map definitions with a comma and/or space.
>
> There is no limit built into postfix concerning how many maps
> you can define, but each map definition consumes system
> resources (memory, file handles, etc).  At some point too many
> maps will impact system performance.
>
> Many admins find it easier and cleaner to create a single map
> by dumping related data together under the control of a Makefile.
>
>    -- Noel Jones
Thank you Noel. I will sip some champagne for you this weekend whilst I
consider the options :-)

C Werclick .Lot
Technical incompetent
Loyal Order Of The Teapot.

This e-mail and its attachments is intended only to be used as an e-mail
and an attachment. Any use of it for other purposes other than as an
e-mail and an attachment will not be covered by any warranty that may or
may not form part of this e-mail and attachment.