On 8/23/2009 7:51 PM, MySQL Student wrote:
Hi,

with, so I had to add an entire /24 to mynetworks so he wouldn't have
a problem connecting.

Er... the day I do something like that to work around the asstards at
Verizon is the day someone needs to shoot me in the head.

Yeah, not fun, but have to keep the customer

What is it exactly you want to duplicate?

The ability for an authorized user to be able to use our mail server
without having to have an entry in mynetworks or use popb4smtp.

Gmail will simply allow you to
enter a user name and password for sending via another mailserver.

Send through<yourdomain.tld>  SMTP servers (recommended for professional
domains – Learn more)
SMTP Server:<yourhostmx.tld>       Port: [587]

What is the "submission" port? It doesn't have anything to do with
postfix or SASL?

postfix running on the submission port. You need to configure your postfix for SMTP AUTH (SASL) and also configure postfix to listen on the submission port.

Username:<your username>
Password:<your password>

Is this the POP password for the Gmail account?

Is there something that already exists, outside of Gmail, that I can
adapt to this system, in effect giving the customer the ability to
update their own "mynetworks", of sorts?

This has nothing (directly) to do with gmail. You configure your postfix for SASL, then your client can use your postfix to relay mail using their password. Generally the password is from the same backend that runs your POP/IMAP server.

Postfix must be compiled with SASL support; if you install from a vendor-supplied package you may already have SASL or can get it by installing a different package.

Get started here:
http://www.postfix.org/SASL_README.html

  -- Noel Jones