On Mon, 07 Sep 2009, Marcel Montes wrote:

> I have a transport that pipes to a perl script. Everything is fine and
> dandy, but whenever the script fails the whole perl error message
> gets appended right after the failure_template message.
>
> I've checked bounce(5), bounce(8), and pipe(8), and although I admit
> that I haven't read thoroughly I haven't found anything in this regard.
>
> Of course the proper thing is to prevent all errors at the script level,
> but I'm in a sort of "live while developing" stage, so I would like to
> conceal the error message since no matter how careful you are,
> at times something does slip error catching efforts.
>
> Is there a way to do it? Did I miss something from the man pages?

AFAIK, hiding the error output is not configurable.  Concealing important
portions of the DSN seems silly and might even be a violation of RFC 3464
(something you might or might not care about).  But if you really wanted to
go this route, you could hack the way Postfix constructs a bounce message
and/or modify pipe(8) to not report back the nature of a script failure.  I
know this is probably not the answer for which you had hoped, so good luck!

Perhaps Wietse will have a more favorable reply. :-)

--
Sahil Tandon <sa...@tandon.net>