Wietse Venema さんは書きました:
I have a suggestion. When the script fails, don't lose control and
spill the guts all over the place.

Instead, catch the error and report an appropriate response.
Yes, that's the ideal thing to do. In fact I'm doing it.
What I'm actually doing wrong is being lazy and developing the in production script, which is
-of course- the reason it returns compile/runtime errors.

For instance, if I mistype a variable name, save it, run to script from the shell to check if it works and see that it fails, and some mail comes in that span of time, the compile/runtime
error gets mailed.

If you don't know how to use Perl's built-in error catching facilities,
wrap the Perl script in a shell script and use that as a diaper to
absorb the mess.

        Wietse

I'm just setting another piping transport to a development script, and leave the production one alone until I know it's running smoothly.... which is what I should have done in the first place.

Still, I think I *will* wrap the production script with a shell script as an additional safeguard.

What does postfix actually add to the bounce message?
The STDERR output if the return status is not 0?